Thursday, October 18, 2007

My older son, E, has requested a new quilt. Here are some 4 patches coming together. There are about ~13 different fabrics going into this one. Most 1/2 yards from here or there that I've picked up thinking of him. A friend, quiltpixie, gave me a suggestion of just cutting up old panels to realy add to a scrappy non-symmetrical look. I am quite liking it! And my stash has been cut down a bunch too. For some reason, crowded shelves of fabric and yarn give clausterphobia, but emptier shelves show the potential and are purely inspiring to me.

3 comments:

Donna said...

hey, you're blogging like me -- its been almost a week and a half since you posted! hehehe

buddha knits said...

yeah, i know, lazy old me. i have a lot to post abut, but haven't gotten around to pulling out my camera, taking the picture, and posting the pics.

hopefully in the next few days-

what's your excuse?

Donna said...

don't need one -- I'm ahead in the race if we're in one :-)